Development applications

Planning and Development guidelines

Council’s Building and Development team has forms and guidelines to help you work your way through the planning, building, construction and development process and with installing fire safety measures.

Understanding the development process

To help you determine if you need to submit a DA or whether can build using other avenues, you need to consider the planning rules for where you live and what you want to build there.

Pre-development meetings

Central Coast Council aims to facilitate development through its Duty Planner service with town planners available without appointment during Council business hours to discuss preliminary development and zoning matters.

Lodge a development application

Once your application is prepared according to the guidelines and checklists you can lodge your application online via our eplanning portal.

Make a submission

Before making a submission about a DA you should inspect the plans and read any accompanying information so you are clear on the details.

Track a development application

You can search and track all current development applications, construction certificates and other associated documents online via our eplanning portal.

Road opening permits

A road opening activity involves works that require the opening of Council’s road reserve to access underground utility infrastructure. Find out more and how to apply.

Vehicle access crossings

A Vehicle Access Crossing (VAC) is an access point to enable a vehicle to cross from the road to an adjacent property.
Last updated : Mon 28 May 2018