Central Coast Council aims to facilitate development through its Duty Planner service with town planners available without appointment during Council business hours to discuss preliminary development and zoning matters.
For larger scale development and/or constrained sites, Council offers a pre-development meeting service for a fee.
The pre-development meeting service aims to avoid delays and pitfalls that may be encountered in the development assessment process due to incomplete or noncomplying applications. The pre-development meeting will identify development application submission requirements through consideration of site constraints and policy requirements.
A town planner (or in some circumstances a building surveyor) will conduct the pre-development meeting. Where detailed advice is required in respect of specific engineering, flooding, ecological, or other matters, and Council’s technical officers will be available to attend the meeting for an additional fee, subject to current rates outlined in Council’s Fees and Changes
The pre-development meeting is intended to give simple and direct advice which is not be taken as inferring a reasonable expectation as to the outcome of the assessment process. Following the meeting, Council will provide you with a written summary of the advice and issues discussed at the meeting.
Where and when are the meetings held?
- Former Wyong Local Government Area pre-development meetings are held at Council’s Wyong administration building at 2 Hely Street, Wyong on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Former Gosford Local Government Area pre-development meetings are held at Council’s Gosford administration building at 49 Mann Street, Gosford generally on Thursdays.
Meetings are generally one hour in duration however; longer meetings may be arranged subject to the meeting rates detailed below.
What do I need to do?
To facilitate the pre-development meeting, it is necessary to submit concept plans/sketches, preliminary design layout (floor plan, elevations, height), an outline of your proposal (giving details of all lots) and an agenda with details of all specific matters that you wish to be covered during the meeting.
Forward a completed Pre-Development Meeting Application and all the supporting documentation:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post a hard copy of your application form and proposal details to Council at PO Box 20 Wyong NSW 2259, or to PO Box 21 Gosford NSW 2250. Also include a USB flash drive (preferred) or a CD or DVD containing all proposal-related documentation in PDF format.
- deliver it in person to one of Council’s administration buildings located at 49 Mann Street, Gosford, or 2 Hely Street, Wyong. Also include a USB flash drive (preferred) or a CD or DVD containing all proposal-related documentation in PDF format.
Council will contact you to arrange a meeting time.
Whilst Council may provide you with general information about the town planning process, and that may include referring you to legislation, planning instruments and other planning policies, Council cannot give you advice about how you should, or can, develop your land, and cannot give you an indication whether any development proposal will be granted development consent. You may wish to seek further advice from an appropriately qualified and experienced professional, such as a town planner or lawyer specialising in planning law.
Comments are only provided by professional staff attending the meeting. At no time should comments of the officers be taken as a guarantee of approval of your proposal.
Contact Council on 4325 8222 or 4350 5555 for further information.