Busking permits

COVID-19 Update

Central Coast Council  recognises the enthusiasm and life that buskers bring to the community. We would like to welcome back our buskers into the Central Coast precinct to showcase their talents from 1 November 2021.

  • To adhere with social distancing requirements the types of busking we welcome at this point are walk by acts, no amplification.
  • All buskers need to adhere to the NSW Health guidelines, and social distancing requirements.
  • All buskers must communicate and remind their audience about social distancing requirements of 1.5 meters from one person to another
  • All buskers must maintain 1.5 metres distance from others and practice good hand hygiene
  • Circle Acts and Group Performances are restricted until further notice.
  • Currently Central Coast Council administration offices are closed until 1 December, therefore no new or renewing of permits will be issued until this time.
  • Rangers may stop the acts that do not address the social distancing requirements within their audience as well as themselves
  • If a busker has travelled overseas and recently returned, or if they have come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, they must self-isolate for 14 days and get a Covid test with a negative result to resume busking.

For more on the COVID-19 pandemic, you can view our COVID-19 Information.

We welcome the life and colour Buskers bring to the local area, from playing music, singing and dancing to all sorts of performances that entertain the public. If you are a busker, this section provides the key information you need to get busking on the Central Coast.

The Application Process

All Buskers (or people wishing to undertake busking) on community land within the Central Coast Local Government Area must obtain a valid Busking Approval Card by completing a busking application form and lodging it at a Council service centre.

All applicants must apply for their Busking Approval Card in person and acknowledge and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of these guidelines. They must also agree to provide photographic identification at the time of their application. Scanned identification is not permitted.

Busking applications can be lodged in person at;

Central Coast Customer Contact Centres

Central Coast Libraries - Woy Woy or Erina 

Non-compliance can be reported to the Customer Contact Centre on 1300 463 954.

Average: 3.3 (7 votes)


Add new comment

Last updated : Mon 1 Nov 2021