CUSTOMER SERVICE INTERRUPTION - TUE 12 DEC
Council’s customer service centres will have a planned service interruption on Tuesday, 12 December that will temporarily impact customer service hours.
Customer Service Centres - Erina: closed all day | Wyong: closed from 12.30pm | Gosford: closed from 12pm. All Council Customer Service services will resume as normal from 8.30am Wednesday, 13 December. For urgent matters, you can still call us on 02 4306 7900. Our online Customer Service Centre is also always available.
COUNCIL OFFICE CLOSURES - CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR 2023
- Council offices will be closed over the holiday period from Mon 25 Dec 2023 to Mon 1 Jan 2024 (re-opening Tues 2 Jan 2024). Some of Council’s services and facilities will be closed or have changes, however essential services will continue to operate.
- VIEW FULL DETAILS HERE
- For urgent reports or issues, call Council on 02 4306 7900 at any time. Non-urgent reports, and enquiries can be lodged 24/7 through our online Customer Service Centre (and progressed from 2 Jan).
There are a more than 8,000 properties registered in the Central Coast where a connection to Council’s sewerage network is not available. Here are the installation and operating guidelines you must follow.
On-site sewage management systems are installed on properties where a connection to council’s sewerage system is not available, so waste generated from the dwelling must be managed on-site.
On-site sewage management may include systems such as:
- Septic tanks with evapotranspiration beds or absorption trenches
- Aerated waste water treatment systems
- Wet composting
- Fabric filters and sand filters
- Composting toilets, and
- Septic tanks with a pump out
Installing a new system
If you are installing a new or altering an existing onsite sewage management system you are required to submit an Application to Install On-site Sewage Management System.
Altering an existing system
If you are undertaking works to your internal plumbing and drainage you are required to submit and pay the associated fees for a Plumbing and Drainage Inspection
Operating an existing systems
All on-site sewage management systems must be registered with Council. An approval to operate is required. That can be obtained by submitting an Application for an approval to operate.
Demolishing an old septic tank
If you are replacing an old septic system and need to demolish an old tank you must follow the procedures set out under NSW Department of Health Advisory Note 3.