We are ensuring we play our part in managing as best we can the spread of COVID-19 and the community's recovery from recent closures. Our priority is the health of staff and the Central Coast community and continuing to deliver essential services.
Many services are still operating and have not been interrupted.
Essential services that continue to operate:
- customer service via phone on 1300 463 954 and via Council’s website.
- water and sewer provision
- household waste collection service, 3 bin and bulk kerbside service. Normal bulk kerbside booking and limits on material apply. See 1coast.com.au.
- collection of waste - waste collections will start from 3.30am to reduce staff interaction at the start and end of the day.
- kerbside bulk collection services – noting that limitations and restrictions apply to quantities and availability - or consider other commercial services if necessary and where available.
- development assessments
- road repairs
- child care centres
- public toilets will remain open
- online library services, including the Click and Deliver program
- maintenance of sportsfields, parks and reserves, such as mowing and other services will be evaluated as the situation unfolds
- cemeteries are open for burials to occur with limited face-to-face interaction
- Gosford City Car Park and Wilson Road Parking Station
- Central Coast Airport also remains operational
- Landcare (Environmental Volunteers) program
This unprecedented situation means we will need to deliver services differently and our staff are evaluating all options in line with the advice of health authorities.
Some services have been interrupted:
- all non-essential Council run programs are cancelled until 30 June
- some public library access and services (libraries are open weekdays 9.30am-4.30pm, with some restrictions on services) - See FAQs
- Senior Centres at Ettalong, Gosford, Toukley and Terrigal are closed
- Gwandalan Library Link at the Community Hall Gwandalan is closed until further notice.
Click here for information about the open status of Council's facilities and venues.