Find out about the public closures of some of our facilities, including those for waste management.
Effective immediately, Council has closed public access to:
- administration buildings at Wyong and Gosford
- waste management facilities (see below for more information)
- libraries - View FAQs
- leisure centres, gyms and all pools, except Gosford Olympic Pool (open from 15 May)
- Central Coast Stadium
- the Gosford Regional Gallery and Edogawa Commemorative Garden
- Laycock Street Community Theatre and The Peninsula Theatre
- The Art House, Wyong
- The Entrance Visitor Information Centre
- Gosford Smart Work Hub
- all community facilities such as halls
- holiday parks and campgrounds (until 1 June 2020):
our parks at Budgewoi, Canton Beach, Norah Head and Toowoon Bay are still accommodating permanent residents and those who have no other place of permanent residence. They will reopen to holiday makers and travellers on 1 June 2020. Make a booking.
The Patonga Campground will reopen on 1 June 2020. Make a booking.
Gosford Olympic Pool: Swimming and COVID-19 restrictions
- Bookings required for lap swimming – phone Gosford Olympic Pool on 4304 7250 to book and pay for your spot. You will only be able to book one session in advance within the current week. Additional conditions apply.
- Recreational swimming – one swimmer/patron per lane, no spectators will be able to enter facility.
- No group bookings are permitted.
- Session times will start on the hour with a 45-minute swimming time. This will allow time to enforce social distancing and clean between swimmers. At end of your swim, please leave the facility immediately.
- Social distancing requirements will be in place upon entry and throughout the facility. Lane allocations will be made by centre staff.
Casual usage rates will apply and memberships will not be reactivated at this time.
Heightened cleaning will be in place.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make operational changes as needed.
Waste management facilities
To avoid travelling, we encourage all residents to utilise their three-bin and bulk collection services for the disposal of waste.
If you consider that your waste disposal needs justify essential travel, waste can be taken to Woy Woy or Buttonderry waste management facilities which are open at these times:
- Monday to Friday
7:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays
8:00am – 4:00pm
Kincumber Waste Management Facility remains temporarily closed for maintenance work.
We do ask that if you do need to use Council's waste management facilities that you use electronic payments where possible to protect the health of the community and staff working at the facilities.
Customers are also asked to stay at home if they are feeling unwell and to maintain social distancing at all times onsite.