Busking permits

COVID-19 Update

Central Coast Council  holds the safety of the community as one of our key priorities. It is the responsibility of each performer to ensure that they abide by the restrictions set out by NSW Government, and advice by Central Coast Council with these specifically outlined below:

  • All buskers need to complete a COVID Safe Plan, and ensure this is kept with them at all times while performing 
  • Solo performances only at this stage to reduce and health risk
  • Buskers performing with wind instruments need to be 3metres away from any audiences.
  • Practice good hand hygiene and have hand sanitiser with you at all times
  • Busking is not permitted 24 December 2020 to 8 January 2021 to mitigate potentially risk during peak tourist times.
  • Central Coast Council Rangers will be monitoring buskers regularly. Buskers need to be aware that either the Police or Central Coast Council Rangers can stop you performing at any point should they deem it is unsafe to continue to perform due to a risk to the public.
  • Central Coast Council can close busking at any time if deemed unsafe to continue, so all buskers need to continuously check Central Coast Councils website for any updates. If buskers do not comply to the provisions they may be fined and have their busking licences revoked.

If your busking permit expires during the restriction time, from 1 April 2020 until 30 November 2020 there will be no fee charged for the next 12 months, you will need to show your expired busking card to customer contact when you apply for a renewal. Any permits that expire outside of these dates need to apply paying the full 12 month fee of $20. All new applications are required to pay the $20 fee.

We welcome the life and colour Buskers bring to the local area, from playing music, singing and dancing to all sorts of performances that entertain the public. If you are a busker, this section provides the key information you need to get busking on the Central Coast.

The Application Process

All Buskers (or people wishing to undertake busking) on community land within the Central Coast Local Government Area must obtain a valid Busking Approval Card by completing a busking application form and lodging it at a Council service centre.

All applicants must apply for their Busking Approval Card in person and acknowledge and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of these guidelines. They must also agree to provide photographic identification at the time of their application. Scanned identification is not permitted.

Busking applications can be lodged in person at;

Central Coast Customer Contact Centres

Central Coast Libraries - Woy Woy or Erina 

Non-compliance can be reported to the Customer Contact Centre on 1300 463 954.

Average: 3.3 (7 votes)


Add new comment

Last updated : Mon 30 Nov 2020