Amazing young locals named in new Y4Y Action Team
Council has named five new Y4Y (Youth For Youth) action team members, to represent young people on the Central Coast over the next 15 months.
The newly appointed team members range from 14 to 24 years and include young people who live, work or study on the Central Coast. The Y4Y team will come together to help make youth-led initiatives and ideas happen in our community.
Each team member will be given the chance to engage in leadership and skill development to empower them to act, advocate and advise on local youth-related issues, programs and initiatives.
The new Y4Y team includes:
- Jayden Golfis
- Pahal Contractor
- Amelia Munday
- Zara Mathews
- Cypress Hart
As part of the Y4Y team, the new team will meet regularly and work on a range of initiatives and development opportunities – from running an annual youth forum, to organising local youth-focused programs, advocate for change for local young people, participating in leadership and skills-development programs and more.
About the Y4Y Action Team
Our Y4Y (Youth for Youth) action team was established in 2018 as part of Council’s commitment to engage with and empower young people.
We want to ensure that our young people’s voices are heard, acknowledged and accounted for and our Y4Y team provides a voice for young people in our community.
The Y4Y team aims to champion a range of initiatives and outcomes for young people in our community, including:
- Creating more activities, resources and support networks
- Improving the relationships between young people and their communities
- Acknowledging, celebrating and promoting achievements of the team and their peers
- Providing opportunities for leadership and decision making
- Supporting participation in community projects and activities
- Improving learning and employment pathways
- Encouraging healthy and active lifestyles
- Creating new, and improving existing areas for young people to socialise.
For further information contact Haley Vallone, Council Youth Development Officer.