Activities on all Central Coast beaches are restricted to exercise only, including walking, running and surfing. Central Coast Council and Surf Life Saving Central Coast have removed red and yellow flags from our beaches to encourage people to adhere to government restrictions around social distancing. Therefore, swimming is not recommended and is at your own risk.
If you are exercising on a Central Coast beach please adhere to social distancing guidelines by remaining at least 1.5 metres from other people. Please obey all signs.
The Grant McBride Baths remain closed for maintenance.
Playspaces and skate parks
From Friday 15 May, Central Coast public playspaces, outdoor fitness equipment and skate parks are open in line with the latest direction from the Australian Government. To help minimise the spread of COVID-19, please wash your hands before and after using any equipment.
Public reserves, shared pathways, boat ramps, public wharves and jetties, sportsfields and other outdoor public spaces remain open. Dogs should not be walked on sportsfields, but can be walked in other outdoor settings. Picnics are now allowed.
We urge the community to continue to practise social distancing which includes maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from others at all times. Public gatherings must not exceed 10 people. See the full State and Federal Government advice on social distancing and use of public space to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
These measures impact our children and families, but they are deemed necessary to protect our community’s health during this pandemic. All All non-essential activities should be cancelled and travel from the home restricted where possible.
NSW Police have the power to enforce restrictions.
Gosford Olympic Pool
From Friday 15 May:
- Bookings required for lap swimming – phone Gosford Olympic Pool on 4304 7250 to book and pay for your spot. You will only be able to book one session in advance within the current week. Additional conditions apply.
- Recreational swimming – one swimmer/patron per lane, no spectators will be able to enter facility.
- No group bookings are permitted.
- Session times will start on the hour with a 45-minute swimming time. This will allow time to enforce social distancing and clean between swimmers. At end of your swim, please leave the facility immediately.
- Social distancing requirements will be in place upon entry and throughout the facility. Lane allocations will be made by centre staff.
Casual usage rates will apply and memberships will not be reactivated at this time.
Heightened cleaning will be in place.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make operational changes as needed.