Why work for Council?
As one of the largest councils in NSW, we can provide a diverse range of career opportunities in areas including:
• economic development
• environmental planning
• information technology
• waste management
• library services
• arts and entertainment.
Our employees come from all walks of life and have a wealth of experiences, knowledge and expertise to share. Talented people can broaden their skills and shape the future of our community by joining a network of professional and skilled colleagues.
Our values help us hold ourselves and others accountable for the way we work. Everything we do is guided by six key values:
- A focus on work/life balance.
- Opportunities to take part in the Leadership Development Program.
- Extensive range of in-house training and development programs.
- Study Assistance Scheme providing financial assistance and study leave for those undertaking study (aligned to business needs).
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) for full time employees.
- A generous range of leave provisions including annual leave, sick leave, carer’s leave, health and wellbeing leave, parental leave and long service leave (available after 5 years’ service).
- Reward and recognition programs.
- Workfit initiative with access to more than 50 gyms, leisure centres and pools.
- Wellbeing program including flu vaccinations, "Quit smoking" support, Breastscreen and more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers confidential counselling services for employees and family.
- Active social clubs with events throughout the year for employees and their families.