The experienced and qualified staff at Kariong Child Care Centre work with parents to build a familiar and supportive routine for children and provide learning that builds success for life.
Kariong Child Care Centre has been a vital part of the local community since it opened in 1988. We believe education in early childhood to be the most influential stage for a child’s learning and development. Our vision for learning stems from the Early Years Learning Framework’s (EYLF) philosophy that all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
We consider it our dual role to cater for both the nurturing and educational needs of each child. Our environment is warm and secure, as well as being interesting and stimulating. Our home-like atmosphere fosters secure, comforting relationships within a familiar and supportive routine.
What we provide
- Friendly, highly qualified and experienced educators
- Friendly and caring atmosphere
- Nutritionally cooked meals where on-site caterer prepares a variety of delicious, healthy meals
- Safe, convenient drop-off and pick-up areas with security access with PIN code
- Access to Storypark app, a secure private online space where families and educators share information about children’s learning
- School Transition Program with a focus on literacy and numeracy and a working relationship with our local primary schools
- Quiet tranquil setting
- Purpose built centre
- Social calendar
- Munch and Move program used to promote and support children’s health and wellbeing within our centre
- Sun smart approved, a Cancer Council program to help minimise student and staff over-exposure to UV radiation and reduce the risk of skin cancer
- Bush Kindy / Outside the Game Program, nature based learning with a focus on sustainability and nature based play
- Membership with the Multicultural Resource Centre and an inclusive approach to cultural diversity
- Strong community partnerships with regular outings into our community, including visits to our local library, post office, parks (nature walks) as well as community visitors, e.g. police, fire brigade and entertainer
- Participation in the Early Learning Languages Australia program, where children learn a different language each year
- Be You (Kids Matter) registered, promoting positive mental health for children and families
- Curriculum follows the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), with its’ view of children’s lives as being represented by the concept of belonging, being and becoming
- Free speech pathology service (NSW Health funded)
We are open from 7.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
Kariong Child Care Centre is licensed to cater for 39 children per day. The children are divided into two groups:
- 0-3 years are grouped in the Lily Pad Room
- 3-5 years are grouped in the Rock Pool Room
Educators work with the children and families to transition the children between rooms. Throughout the day there are opportunities for the children to mix with siblings and children from each room. Upon turning three years of age, children do not automatically move to the Rock Pool (pre-school) Room.
Availability of places and, more importantly, the developmental stage and chronological age are considered when preparing for the children’s readiness for transition. Families and educators work together to decide what is best for the child. It has been our experience that it is more conducive to each child’s self-esteem to move to a new room with their friends.
Experienced and qualified Early Childhood educators care for and educate your child at Kariong Child Care Centre.
- Director/Teacher (Early Childhood trained)
- Educator – with either an Associate Diploma or Diploma in Child and Family Services
- Educator Certificate III
- Trainee Educator Studying Diploma in Child and Family Services - (employment of a trainee varies year to year)
When educators are absent from the centre, casual relief educators are employed. Relief educators are familiar with the roles and responsibilities of caring for and educating children in a long day care setting. All relief educators have been interviewed and added to a relief list, which circulates Central Coast Council’s Education and Care Services. The use of these educators adds to the continuity of care and minimises disruption to the child’s routine as they become familiar with these educators.
Call today to arrange a tour
For all enquiries or to make an appointment, contact Kariong Child Care Centre on 4340 1823 or call our Support Services Team on 4350 5181.