We are celebrating #NSWYouthWeek in collaboration with local young people and youth service providers from 16-24 April.
We are providing a wide range of events allowing young people aged 12-24 years across the region to connect, create, build skills, show off their talents, be inspired – but most of all have fun!
The theme this year is “Together More Than Ever” encouraging young people to express their ideas and views, act on issues that affect their lives, and create and enjoy activities and events.
Check out the exciting events on offer below and download the Youth Week Program.
Music festival and events showcasing local young singers, musicians and bands
- Metro Fest, Thursday 15 April at PCYC Bateau Bay (contact 4323 2374)
- Oasis Youth Fest, Friday 16 April at Wyong
- Make Your Way Music Fest, Friday 23 April at Kincumber Neighbourhood Centre
- Discovered Grand Final, Friday 23 April via Facebook
Creative skills workshops
- Discovered Workshop: Build your (MMAD) sound foundations with Fletch Pillon, establishing solid foundations as an artist, Saturday 17 April at The Hub Erina
- Learn how to DJ, 8-week program starting Thursday 22 April at The Hub Erina
- Eco-Art workshops Thursday 22 and Saturday 24 April at The Hub Erina
- Escape room detective challenge, Friday 16 April at Kibble Park, Gosford
- Macramé and balloon making, Saturday 17 April at Northern Lakes Neighbourhood Centre at Lake Munmorah
Fun fitness programs
- The Y Brekkie and BBall Club, Monday 19 and Wednesday 21 April at Lake Haven (Contact: email@example.com)
- StreetGYM Tuesday 20 April at San Remo and Thursday 22 April at Lake Haven (Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Enterprise sessions
Oasis Youth Fest, Make Your Way and Create Youth Week events are funded through Department of Communities and Justice Youth Week 2021 Grant.