A wedding is a truly special day for the bride, groom, friends and families. The Central Coast boasts many wonderful locations to host your special outdoor wedding ceremony. You can apply to use our many beaches, reserves, parklands or lookouts for the occasion.
Outdoor wedding locations
A wedding is a very personal event, so we recommend that you allow plenty of time to look around for a location that best suits your needs. Event organisers are encouraged to contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 4325 8222 at least eight weeks before submitting an application to check the site and date availability, determine if the chosen site is appropriate and to make a tentative booking.
If you choose to hold an outdoor wedding, there are two different types of applications:
If you wish to use a viewing platform for your ceremony, you must apply through this application. You can also apply to use structures such as seating or marquees. However, marquees are not permitted at all locations.
The structure allowance for wedding ceremonies is:
- 24 chairs for ceremony seating
- two chairs and one table for signing the wedding register
- small archway (maximum 2m wide x 2.5m high) must be weighted by sandbags - pegs are not permitted
- two marquees, weighted with sandbags - pegs are not permitted
- two flags (e.g. Bali flags)
- beach marquees are not to exceed three metres x three metres and are to be weighted with sandbags
- other structures at the asset manager’s discretion.
Applications will not be assessed without the following documentation:
- A Risk Management Plan - outlining all possible risks that may occur , however unlikely, and how you intend to eliminate or control these risks
- Detailed Site Map - marking out placement of any structures (for example, chairs, tables, marquees, PA system).
For more information and tentative bookings, call 4325 8222 or 4350 5555.
Edogawa Commemorative Garden
Wedding and Function Hire
The garden offers a beautiful outdoor venue for weddings and other functions. Weddings are normally held in the Koi Pavilion, which provides limited shelter. This space is suitable for small intimate weddings, naming ceremonies and other functions. The surrounding outdoor space is large enough to cater for wedding parties of up to 150 people.
As the garden is a gift to the people of Gosford, public access throughout normal opening times (9.30am - 4.30pm) must be maintained. Wedding parties and other special events do not have exclusive use during these hours.
Bookings can be made for a maximum period of one and a half hours; this includes allocated time for set up and photography. Bookings are made in two hour time slots to avoid events clashing. Events concluding after 4.30pm will require additional staffing and may incur an additional fee.
The gallery’s reception staff will be on-site to assist you with the smooth running of your special day and will coordinate the set up and removal of furniture. A table for signing the registry along with limited seating (max 10 chairs) are available as part of your booking.
Wedding parties are welcome to organise one rehearsal. Please be advised that a suitable time must be booked in advance.
H&H Catering are the onsite caterer. For further information, please email them directly at email@example.com
Confetti, rice, party poppers, rose petals and fireworks are not permitted in the gallery or garden at anytime.
The hire fee is $495 for a one and a half hour booking. An additional cleaning/damage fee will be incurred if the garden is not returned to its original condition following the event. A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking; with the remaining balance to be paid one week prior to event. Booking is only secure upon the receipt of a deposit.
Cancellations prior to final payment will forfeit the 50% deposit. Cancellations after final payment will forfeit the full amount.
As the garden is primarily an outdoor venue, event organisers should be prepared for the possibility of inclement weather. There are several options:
- the outdoor Koi pavilion is a sheltered structure which accommodates up to 25 people
- the outdoor tea house offers more protection and accommodates up to 25-40 people standing
- other spaces in the gallery building need to be booked and may incur an additional fee.
For more information or to make a booking, phone 4304 7550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org