CUSTOMER SERVICE INTERUPTION - TUE 12 DEC
Council’s customer service centres will have a planned service interruption on Tuesday, 12 December that will temporarily impact customer service hours.
Customer Service Centres - Erina: closed all day | Wyong: closed from 12.30pm | Gosford: closed from 12pm. All Council Customer Service services will resume as normal from 8.30am Wednesday, 13 December. For urgent matters, you can still call us on 02 4306 7900. Our online Customer Service Centre is also always available.
COUNCIL OFFICE CLOSURES - CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR 2023
- Council offices will be closed over the holiday period from Mon 25 Dec 2023 to Mon 1 Jan 2024 (re-opening Tues 2 Jan 2024). Some of Council’s services and facilities will be closed or have changes, however essential services will continue to operate.
- VIEW FULL DETAILS HERE
- For urgent reports or issues, call Council on 02 4306 7900 at any time. Non-urgent reports, and enquiries can be lodged 24/7 through our online Customer Service Centre (and progressed from 2 Jan).
Council encourages bookings of its beaches, reserves, parklands or lookouts for family events such as reunions or small weddings. A passive open space booking is required for events with fewer than 80 people.
The Central Coast has an abundance of beaches, reserves, parklands and lookouts suitable for small family events such as reunions.
A formal booking is not required to be made through Council if your gathering meets the below criteria:
- Less than 80 people
- Maximum of 3 hour duration
- Structure allowance of up to 12 chairs, 1 table, and 2 small shade gazebos weighted by sandbags (pegs are not permitted).
Please note this does not include wedding ceremony bookings.
Event organisers are encouraged to contact Councils Customer Service Centre on 02 4306 7900 if their event does not meet the above criteria. Council will be able to determine if the event is appropriate, available and if a booking is required.
Things to consider when planning your event
- Council open space areas are for general community use and cannot be retained exclusively.
- Provided facilities such as barbeques are to be available for all visitors to the location.
- Existing structures provided at the location such as weather sheds, tables and chairs are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- All Council open space areas are alcohol free zones.
- Structures such as jumping castles or inflatables etc. are not permitted on Council land.
- Do you have an alternative plan in case of wet weather?
- Can the official party and all your guests get to the area safely?
- Can elderly or mobility impaired guests get to the area safely?
- Is the area easily accessible for delivering equipment and setup?
- Vehicle access is not permitted into park or beach areas. Vehicles must be parked in designated car parking spaces.
- Council’s routine maintenance programme keeps its parks and gardens tidy. However, please be aware that there may be debris from people using the area before your event.
Business events such as conferences, trade days and exhibitions are commercially competitive and play a major role in attracting visitors to the Central Coast.
A Central Coast meeting and event planner is available online detailing attractions, potential venues, accommodation options and travel guides for the Central Coast. It includes an extensive range of private venues and local suppliers to assist with catering and technical requirements.
For local venues seeking assistance or guidance to grow their MICE business, Council suggests seeking professional expertise via Business Events Sydney or utilising the resources supplied by Destination NSW in the NSW Regional Conferencing Strategy and Action Plan and the NSW Regional Conferencing Toolkit.
Further support from Council can be provided to business events via Tier 3 sponsorship funding, attendance of key Council staff at events, or by providing letters of support for bids on events to be held in the region.
These can include a wide range of events that appeal to a broad spectrum of audiences and experiences. Council recognises the important role these events play in building a sense of community pride, social inclusion and tourism opportunities.
Funding for events
Council also has a range of grant funding programs open for application throughout the year. These are intended to support community initiatives and events. For businesses, Council has Tier 3 sponsorship funding available for events.