The Patonga Caravan and Camping Area is located at the mouth of the Hawkesbury River, between Patonga Creek and Patonga Beach, and surrounded by Brisbane Water National Park. Visitors to Patonga come for the beautiful natural surroundings, spectacular views and secluded atmosphere.
Located about 25 kilometres south of Gosford, this camping ground is the perfect spot for a relaxing holiday. It has 36 powered and 45 unpowered grassed sites, with easy access to a sandy beach and a boat ramp into Patonga Creek.
- Accessible amenities
- Electric barbecues
- Tennis courts available for hire
- Ferry service to Palm Beach
- Boat ramp
- Beach and creek adjacent
- Bushwalking in Brisbane Water National Park
- Tent and caravan sites
- Laundry and dryers
- Children's play area
- Local tavern and fish and chip shop nearby
- No on-site vans or cabins
- Campfires permitted in winter months (1 April - 31 August) some rules apply – Fire Pit Guidelines
Mobile phone reception is limited. Television reception is only accessible with a satellite dish.
By making a booking, you and your guests are agreeing to adhere to the Park rules (includes sitemap)
- Check-in time is from 1pm on the day of arrival. Sites are to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Late check-outs can be arranged for a fee on request.
- A coded entry number to the amenities building will be given to you on arrival by the booking office or caretaker.
- The maximum length of stay is six weeks.
- People under 18 years are not permitted to camp without an adult present.
- No pets are allowed.
- No permanent sites are available.
Patonga camping ground is a popular destination so booking conditions and fees vary according to the seasons.
- 1 December - 31 January inclusive
- Easter long weekend and April school holidays
- October long weekend and September/October school holidays
- Weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) during the period September - April inclusive.
- Weekdays: 1 September - 30 November inclusive
- Weekdays: 1 February - 30 April inclusive. Note: Friday and Saturday nights, the Easter long weekend and April school holidays; are Peak periods
- June long weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday night)
Off-peak period: 1 May - 31 August
Minimum booking periods
- Christmas holidays - minimum seven night stay (Saturday to Saturday)
- April and October school holidays - minimum three night stay
- Easter long weekend - minimum three night stay
- All other weekends - minimum two night stay.
All fees are to be paid at the office on arrival. If the office is unattended, go to the site you have booked and set up. You will need to arrange settlement with the office within the first 12 hours of your arrival.
Cancellations and refunds
A full refund is applicable where Central Coast Council has been notified at least 30 days prior to the proposed arrival date. Refunds for cancellations after that period will incur an administration fee of $27. No refund will be given for cancellations seven days prior to the booking.
To make a cancellation, phone the camping ground on 4379 1287.
There is a maximum discount of $30 per booking for school groups (this applies to site fees only).
How to make a booking
Phone the camping ground on 4379 1287, seven days a week during office hours, contact our Customer Service team on 4325 8222 from Monday to Friday, or email PatongaCampingArea@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au