Our eLibrary service is the gateway to a world of electronic resources for education, information and recreation.
Central Coast Library Service App
Searching our library catalogue and renewing and reserving books is now easier than ever thanks to our new 'Central Coast Library Service’ app.
With the tap of the screen, you can reserve and renew items, scan book barcodes to search, view events as well as get easy access to eBooks, eMags, music streaming and much, much more!
The app is available to download for free from Apple’s iTunes store and Android’s Google Play.
The RB Digital app delivers your favourite magazine titles right to your smartphone or tablet. Download now to read and enjoy!
We have access to large number of eMagazines that once downloaded to your device can be read anywhere, anytime, even without access to WIFI.
There is no limit to the number you can download and best of all it’s free, meaning you’ll never have to pay for a magazine subscription again.
- Download the RB Digital app at the Apple Store (iPhone), Google Play Store (Android) or Kindle Fire.
- Click “Not a Member? Register Now”.
- Choose Australia from the scroll menu, select Central Coast Library Service and enter your library card number.
- Create a user name (choose something you will remember, like your email address).
- Fill in your personal details and register.
eBooks and eAudiobooks
Members have access to over 19,000 eBook titles at their fingertips. You can borrow up to 10 eBooks or eAudiobooks from each platform at any time with no reservation fees. After the loan period expires the item is automatically returned and will simply disappear from your device. You can return it earlier to borrow more items sooner. Follow these steps to start reading or listening today!
Browse and borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks from your local library at any time. Borrow a combination of 10 eBooks and eAudiobooks from Borrowbox.
How to use
- Download the free BorrowBox Library app on the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android);
- Enter library name – Central Coast Council;
- Barcode – is your library card number (library card number include upper case V or C followed by numbers) and PIN (Date of Birth as DDMMYYYY);
- Navigate through tips or select skip to go straight to borrowing;
- Browse collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks or search a specific title/author;
- Select borrow and confirm loan;
- Go to My Loans and download to read or listen anywhere without WiFi – you can also elect to have future titles download immediately when in WIFI.
Borrow Box provides great download speeds, speed options for eAudiobooks and features a sleep timer function so you’ll never lose your spot!
Borrow up to 10 titles for 21 days on an OverDrive compatible device (Android, Kindle Fire and iOS devices). Libby is the new app for enjoying Overdrive ebooks and audiobooks, alternatively you can use Adobe Digital Editions for your PC or Mac.
How to use
- Open app and select sign up with library card
- Search Central Coast Library Service
- Enter your library card number (library card number include upper case letter followed by numbers) and PIN (DOB as DDMMYYYY)
- Click add title to enter a specific title/author search or browse the collection
- Select the green borrow tab icon and enter your card number (library card number include upper case letter followed by numbers) and PIN (DOB as DDMMYYYY) if prompted.
- Select download or head to your loans and select download the title, which will then be downloaded and added to your bookshelf.
indyreads™ provides access to a statewide collection of independent Australian and international titles, classic literature and modern award-winning titles in eBook and eAudio format.
Access indyreads™ with your Central Coast library card number (library card number include upper case letter followed by numbers) and PIN (DOB as DDMMYYYY).
The State Library of NSW provides access to these eBooks. You will need your Library card number to log in. Select eBook Public Library Collection (at the bottom of the list).
Access over 57,000 free eBooks. Choose from free ePub and free Kindle books, download or read them online, with focus on older works for which copyright has expired. No fee or registration required.
Free music streaming and downloads has never been easier!
During the COVID-19 shutdown period, library members can stream music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Download up to five free songs, or three songs and one video, or two videos and one song, every week from the Sony Music catalogue.
Choose from thousands of artists and hundreds of thousands of songs, all free and legally yours to keep. These files do not expire, are free of DRM and can be transferred to iPods and MP3 players or burnt to CD.
How to access
Online fun for kids
Coding, eBooks and maths help.
A new online storytime resource showcasing the best Australian children's stories.
Create stories, games, and animations with this free project from the MIT Media Lab.
Pɑint Centrɑl Coɑst REɑD is pɑrt of the Pɑint the Town REɑd initiɑtive, ɑn Eɑrly Literɑcy Community Cɑpɑcity Building Progrɑm ɑimed ɑt educɑting pɑrents, cɑrers ɑnd the community ɑbout the importɑnce of reɑding, singing, plɑying drɑwing and tɑlking with children every dɑy from birth.
The ɑim of the progrɑm is to encourɑge ɑll levels of the community to support the development of children’s eɑrly literɑcy skills from birth, so they ɑre prepɑred for leɑrning when they stɑrt school.
Eɑch time you tɑlk, hug, sing and reɑd with your child, new brɑin connections ɑre formed ɑnd strengthened.
These dɑily ɑctivities lɑy the foundɑtion for lɑnguɑge development and communicɑtion skills to grow.
Literɑcy is ɑ key success in life. Reseɑrch shows thɑt foundɑtional skills leɑrnt from ɑges 0-5 yeɑrs ɑre criticɑl for developing literɑcy skills ɑt school.
Read Parker’s Books
There are currently 6 books in the Parker – Paint the Coast REaD series. Download a PDF copy to read today.
- Parker Explores the Central Coast
- Parker Visits the Library
- Parker Starts Preschool
- Parker and the Litter Bug
- Parker’s Waterway Friends
- Parker Stays Safe
Looking for something different to colour? Download Parker colouring sheets today.
- Paint the Central Coast REaD – Colouring 1
- Paint the Central Coast REaD - Colouring 2
- Parker colouring – A4
- Parker Colouring - A5
Parker’s Pen Pals
Parker the Platypus is looking for pen pals! If you would like to write to Parker or send him a drawing you can download the templates below or create your own. Send your message to Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org – he can’t wait to read them!