Submissions are invited from young NSW artists working in any visual art medium for Gosford Regional Gallery’s EMERGING 2020 competition and exhibition. EMERGING 2020 gives selected young artists from across New South Wales the opportunity to exhibit a series of works or a site-specific installation at Gosford Regional Gallery. Artists must be aged between 18 and 30 to participate.
Deadline for Submissions: 17 November 2019 (click here to start a submission)
Finalists announced: 18 December 2019
Prize announced: 27 March 2020
Exhibition dates: 28 March to 17 May 2020
The $5,000 EMERGING Prize will be judged on merit by an external judge nominated by the Gosford Regional Gallery. The finalists will be selected on merit by a panel of judges from the Gosford Regional Gallery. Each of the selected finalists will receive an artist fee of $1,000.
- You must be a resident of NSW.
- You must be aged between 18 and 30 years as of 28 March 2020
- You must be available to participate in the exhibition installation at Gosford Regional Gallery on at least one day during the period 24 to 27 March 2020
- The competition is not open to employees of Central Coast Council
- Submissions from artist collectives are eligible however all artists in the collective must meet the above eligibility criteria. If an artist collective is selected as a finalist they will be awarded one artist fee for the group.
Submissions will be judged on merit according to the following criteria:
- Concept: the proposal is conceptually strong and the body of work is cohesive
- Technique: the proposal demonstrates the artist’s technical proficiency
- Presentation: the proposal addresses how the Gallery space will be utilised and demonstrates a considered installation process.
Submitting an application
Applicants should complete a submission via SmartyGrants on the Gallery website
Submissions must be received on or before 17 November 2019.
The submission will include:
- Physical description of proposed body of work (up to 100 words)
- Conceptual rationale (up to 500 words)
- Installation requirements and timeframe (up to 250 words)
- Supporting Visual Material: up to ten clearly labelled image or video files in support of the application.
- Curriculum Vitae: including art education and exhibition history