This page lists the upcoming training dates for courses on financial and legal duties for not-for-profit community groups. They are run every three months by Community Compass at different locations on the Coast.
Funded by Council, these one-day workshops will be presented by industry specialists, including a not-for-profit lawyer.
The workshop can be an induction or a refresher for management committees, boards and key staff of the Central Coast’s not-for-profit community groups.
- The legal role of committee members as decision makers
- The difference between governance and management
- The importance of your organisation’s rules and legal purpose or objects
- The four main legal duties of committee members
- Other laws that you should be aware of as a committee member
- Potential liabilities and how to protect your organisation
- Which financial reports you should be receiving and how to interpret them
- The significance of cash flow to plan for sustainability
- Reviewing budget and cost control.
Light refreshments included.
Bookings for each course open two months before the course’s date.
Bookings are now open for March.