If you love the idea of cycling to stay fit and active, whilst also being as safe as possible, we have you the week for you!
It’s Bike Week from Saturday 21 September to Sunday 29 September 2019 and we have a bundle of fun and informative activities for people of all ages and abilities.
Learn to Ride Workshop
9.30am-10am or 10.15am-10.45am, Palmdale
It is never too late to learn to ride. For complete beginners, this workshop will get you up and riding. You will learn the basics, how to start, ride along and stop in a safe environment. Book in for one of these sessions. Let us know if you don’t have a bike, we may be able to get you one! For ages six years to adults.
Cycling Skills Workshop, Palmdale
Regain your cycling confidence and learn new skills to enable you to ride safely. The workshop will cover bike skills, including competently controlling your bike through balancing, pedalling,
braking, changing gears, cornering and riding with others. It will also cover basic bike maintenance, bicycle road rules and safety tips. You should be able to ride but want to brush up on skills. For ages six years to adults.
Bicycle Maintenance Workshop, Palmdale
Learn techniques to maintain and repair your bike. Change a tyre, repair a tube, clean and lubricate your chain, and check and adjust your brakes. Understand how your gears work and how to adjust them. You should be able to ride but want to brush up on skills. Bring your own bike to get hands-on experience.
What you need to know
- Suitable for participants aged six years to adults
- Children under 17 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring your own correctly fitted helmet
- Bring your own bike which is in good working order. (For the Learn to Ride workshops, let us know if you don’t have a bike, we may be able to get you one!)
- Bring your own water bottle and sun protection
- You will be required to fill in a registration form and a pre-exercise screening form
- Workshops are delivered by accredited AustCycle coaches
- A light lunch will be available 12.30-1.00pm