Central Coast Council is bringing back the popular outdoor ice skating rink to Kibble Park again this winter school holidays.
Suitable for the young, and young at heart, the 19m x 12m rink will return daily from 7-15 July between 10am to 7pm, with 45 minute skating sessions starting every hour. For those a little less steady on their skates, ‘push penguins’ are available.
Council Group Leader Connected Communities, Ms Julie Vaughan, said that due to its popularity last year Council was bringing ice skating back to the heart of Gosford.
“The rink provides an affordable and unique way for our community to enjoy the school holidays and creates more interest and activity in the CBD,” Ms Vaughan said.
“It’s a great opportunity to book in group events such as vacation care excursions, birthday parties or special celebrations – but it’s not just for kids!
“I also encourage local businesses and community groups to give it a go and challenge their peers on the ice – you could make a night of it and hang around for a bite to eat and drink afterwards.”
Residents and visitors will be able to show off their skating skills as well as enjoy a program of themed activities and events throughout the week including:
- Friday 7 July – ice skating rink launch
- Saturday 8 July – Disney theme day where we will encourage kids to come dressed up as their favourite Disney character
- Sunday 9 July – Family Fun Day with giant games, music performers, circus performers, face painting and more
- Saturday 15 July – watch a family movie on the outdoor cinema in the park
- Gosford Library will extend their hours with special activities, workshops and story times.
Tickets are only $10 each either online or at the gate, however sessions are limited to a maximum of 100 people.
Get in early and book online today by visiting: gosford.starsonice.com.au