Water FAQ

Read the answers to these frequently asked questions for information on how we calculate your water accounts, how to pay, pensioner rebates and much more.

One Central Coast – Changes to water billing

From 1 July 2019, the former Wyong and the former Gosford Local Government Area (LGA) water bills will be aligned to be consistent for all residents and customers across the Central Coast. Read more information.


Average: 1.2 (11 votes)

When will I get my next bill?

Your water meter is read every quarter and your account is posted out approximately two weeks later. Keep an eye out for your water meter cover to be flipped up as a sign that your meter has been read and to expect your account soon after.

The prices Council charges for water, sewerage & stormwater drainage services are regulated by the NSW Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART). Details can be found on IPART’s website.

Can I have longer to pay the bill?

All water bills are due for payment one month after they are issued. If you need to make a payment arrangement, please contact Council’s Credit Management Section.

Can I find out how much I have to pay before I receive my water notice?

Water accounts have a fixed Water & Sewer Service charge plus a usage component. On non-residential properties, there may be an additional Trade Waste usage and fixed charges. Your water usage (and sewer usage on non-residential), is variable and depends upon your water meter reading.

How much is my pensioner rebate?

Council provides eligible pensioners with a maximum rebate of $175 each year split between their water accounts. More detailed information can be found on the Pensioner Rebates & Hardship Assistance page.

Are there penalties for late payment of rates?

Yes. Interest accrues at 7.5% per annum, calculated daily, on amounts that remain unpaid after the due date.

Are my service charges going up next year?

Details of proposed charges will be included in the draft Operational Plan.

Can I view my water account online?

You can register to receive your water accounts through BPAY View by logging on to your internet banking.

Former Gosford Local Government Area rate payers may register for the Online Notice service to receive their notices via email with the notice attached in Adobe PDF form.

How are water, sewerage and drainage charges determined?

The prices Council charges for water, sewerage and stormwater drainage services are regulated by the NSW Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART).

Details can be found on IPART’s website at:

You can also refer to council's complete list of Fees and Charges.

Water service charges pay for the availability of the water supply and for future work to secure it. This also applies to vacant land, where water is available.

Sewerage services charges apply to all properties able to connect to Council's sewerage system. Most residential properties and vacant land have a fixed sewerage charge and the cost for non-residential is based on the size of the water meter. Trade waste charges may apply to some non-residential properties and will depend upon percentage of water discharged to the sewer.

Drainage service charges apply to all ratable properties that are connected to Council’s water supply system and help fund drainage works capital and maintenance costs across the Local Government Area.


Add new comment

Last updated : Thu 11 Jul 2019