The Gosford Art Prize is a hotly contested event with local and national artists vying for $25,000 in prizes. With no restriction on artwork medium, the exhibition of finalists includes a wide variety of art forms from painting and sculpture to textiles and photography.
In 2019 we proudly introduce a new Aboriginal Art Prize sponsored by Safework NSW. Aboriginal artists are invited to enter this category for a chance to win the $2,500 prize.
- $15,000 First Prize
- $5,000 Second Prize
- $2,500 Aboriginal Art Prize sponsored by SafeWork NSW
- $2,000 Gosford Ceramics Prize
- 2 x $1,000 Highly Commended in memory of Lesley Anne Thomas
- $500 Viewer’s Choice Award
- Online registration opens 1 August 2019
- Closing date for entries 2 September 2019
- Delivery of artwork 30 August, 31 August, or 2 September 2019, 10.00 to 3.00pm
- Announcement of winners 13 September 2019
- Exhibition dates 14 September to 3 November 2019
- Collection of Unsuccessful Entries 21 September, 10.00 to 3.00pm
- Collection of Exhibited Entries 4 November or 9 November, 10.00 to 3.00pm
Please register your entry and pay the entry fee online, then deliver your artwork to Gosford Regional Gallery on the specified delivery dates above.
Gosford Art Prize entry fee is $30 per entry (max. 2 entries per artist)
Gosford Ceramics Prize entry fee is $20 per entry (max. 2 entries per artist)
Work must not exceed two metres in any one direction and should be easily lifted by two people. Work must be presented ready for exhibition with appropriate hanging equipment and installation instructions if required. The artist’s name, address, telephone number, title of work and retail price (or not for sale “NFS”) must be noted on the back (or bottom) of each work. All works must be dry.
The Prize is open to all artists, with the exception of employees of Central Coast Council. All artwork must have been produced within the last 12 months. Eligible entries for the Aboriginal Art Prize must be from artists of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and are accepted as such in the community in which they live.
- Where: All entries must be delivered to the Gallery loading dock (via George St, East Gosford)
- When: 30 August, 31 August, 2 September 2019
- Time: Between 10.00am and 3:00pm.
Works will not be accepted outside of these times.
A selection of entries will be included in the Gosford Art Prize exhibition from 14 September to 3 November 2019. All works selected for exhibition must remain on show for the full duration of the exhibition. The names of the finalists included in the exhibition will be posted on the Gosford Regional Gallery website on 9 September 2019.
To read the full terms and conditions, register your entry and pay the entry fee please refer to the online registration page.
The information on this page may not be correct during this unprecedented health event. Essential services are still being provided to the community, however many Council services and programs have been placed on hold while facilities and some open spaces are closed.
Our COVID-19 information area details all impacts to Council services, facilities and programs as well as the local response to coronavirus.