The Gosford Art Prize is the premier art prize of the Central Coast region, with local and national artists engaged in friendly competition for over $25,000 in total prizes.
The exhibition of finalists at the Gosford Regional Gallery is an annual highlight of the exhibition program.
This year our new online entry process received a record number of entries! 912 artworks were submitted from New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, Victoria, Northern Territory and Western Australia. After careful consideration of each entry a panel of judges from the Gosford Regional Gallery have selected 145 artworks as finalists.
Please join us online for the announcement of the prize winners on the Gosford Regional Gallery Facebook page Friday 25 September 2020, 6.00pm.
Changes for 2020
In 2020 the entry procedure has changed in line with our COVID-safe guidelines. This year finalists will be selected online and we will not be receiving entries in person at the Gallery. Only finalists will be invited to deliver their work to the Gallery and the prizes will be judged in-person prior to the exhibition at Gosford Regional Gallery.
- First Prize – $15,000
- Second Prize – $5,000
- Aboriginal Art Prize – $2,500
- Gosford Ceramics Prize – $2,000
- Highly Commended – $1,000 (two prizes)
- Viewer’s Choice Award – $500
- Entries close - 30 August
- Finalists announced - 4 September
- Delivery of finalists - 7 to 11 September
- Prizes announced - Friday 25 September
- Exhibition dates - 26 September to 29 November 2020
For terms and conditions of entry and more details, visit https://info.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/gosfordartprize