Helping geneologists come to their census this Family History Month!
Interested in Family History but not sure where to start? Then join us every Thursday for our online History Half Hour!
As we're unable to offer in person assistance with research at our branches due to social distancing restrictions, we're bringing the help online, providing tips and tricks via Microsoft Teams.
Our dedicated Family History Librarian will share years of insight into researching your Family History.
Over the following weeks find out about:
- 6 August – five first steps in family history
- 13 August – locating death notices
- 20 August – did they swim? Looking for immigration records?
- 27 August – Beyond NSW – looking interstate
Even though online, bookings are required as spaces are limited. Book your virtual seat by clicking the register button, contact 4304 7500 or email email@example.com.
An email will be sent out to attendees 48 and two hours before the event with details on how to access the event. If you do not receive an email try checking your junk or spam folder - otherwise please call any branch or the number above and we will send it out to you. If you register within two hours of the event please contact us for a link to be emailed to you.
Quick tips for joining our online events via Microsoft Teams:
- Download the Microsoft Teams app on your device (you do not need to sign up in order to participate)
- Go to settings and allow Teams to use your mic
- Click on Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link sent from the library
- Click ‘Join as guest’ – you do not need to register or sign into a MS Teams account to participate (remember to only use your first name when joining the meeting).
Need assistance joining us with Microsoft Teams? We are available to help. Phone any library branch and we will talk you through it or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.