Interested in Family History but not sure where to start? Then join us every Thursday for our online History Half Hour!
As we're unable to offer in person assistance with research at our branches due to social distancing restrictions, we're bringing the help online, providing tips and tricks via Skype Business.
Our dedicated Family History Librarian will share years of insight into researching your Family History.
Over the following weeks find out about:
- 9 July - preserving your family history research
- 16 July – locating death notices
- 23 July – looking for immigration records
- 30 July - accessing our digital resources on the history of the Central Coast from home
Sign up for one or every session!
Even though online, bookings are still required to allow attendees to get the most our of the event. An email will be sent out to attendees 48 hours before the event with details on accessing the event.
Book your virtual seat by clicking the register button, contact 4304 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not receive an email try checking your junk or spam folder - otherwise please call any branch or the number above and we will send it out to you. If you register within two hours of the event please contact us for a link to be emailed to you.
Quick tips for Joining our online events via Skype for business:
- Download the Skype for Business app on your device
- Follow the prompts - you will still be able to access the event even if you choose not to allow actions
- Close app completely
- Click on join Skype meeting link sent from the library
- Click ‘Join as guest’ – you do not need to register or sign into a Skype account to participate (remember to only use your first name when joining the meeting).
Need assistance joining us with Skype for Business? We are available to help. Phone any library branch and we will talk you through it or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
There is also the option to join by telephone if you would prefer - email us for details.
If you do not receive an email try checking your junk or spam folder - otherwise please call any branch or the number below and we will send it out to you. Likewise if you register within 30 minutes of the event please contact us for a link to be emailed to you.