Family History Forum runs twice a month, on the second and fourth Thursday of each month, 10.30-11.15am (excluding January and December).
Looking to start your family history but feeling a bit overwhelmed? Come to one of our classes where we will look at how to research a particular topic and then open the floor to questions.
Upcoming topics include:
February - 'Starting Out'
- 11 February: Five first steps in family history
- 25 February: Locating Birth Death and Marriage records
March - 'Online Research'
- 18 March: Using Trove
- 25 March: Using Ancestry and Find my Past
April - 'Immigration'
- 1 April: Did they swim?
- 29 April: TBA
May: 'Beyond NSW'
- 13 May: Beyond NSW
- 27 May: UK records
- 10 June: Historic newspapers
- 24 June: Trove – newspapers and gazettes
- 15 July: Preserving your family history
- 29 July: Military records
August: 'Starting out '
- 12 August: Five first steps in family history
- 26 August: Locating Birth Death and Marriage records
September: 'Beyond NSW'
- 9 September: Beyond NSW
- 23 September: UK records
- 14 October: Historic newspapers
- 28 October: Trove – newspapers and gazettes
- 11 November: Military records
- 25 November: Preserving your family history
Book your ticket by clicking the register button, contact 4304 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An email , with a the details and link for the event, will be sent out to attendees 48 hours and again two hours before the event starts. Make sure to also check your junk/spam folder and contact us for details if registering within two hours of the event.