Several works were undertaken to prepare and beautify The Entrance town centre for the spring and summer school holiday season and influx of visitors.
- Vera’s Watergarden was emptied and refilled to ensure water quality was accurate.
- Paving works to remove broken pavers and install new pavers along The Entrance Rd completed for public safety.
- New carpark lining in Memorial Park to assist drivers when parking
- Memorial Park was aerated and seeded to ensure after the school holidays the grassed area returned to normal.
- Additional hours were applied for the cleaning contract to ensure that the town centre was kept clean and free of any rubbish.
- Landscaping contractor completed the trimming of all hedges to ensure community safety for line of sight.
The spring school holiday period for the town centre exceeded expectations and the area was inundated with holiday makers and locals.
We have received positive feedback from businesses that were extremely busy during this period and that it was similar if not better than a Christmas period.