Council has developed a guide to help locals and visitors find some accessible bushland destinations, reserves and foreshore areas on the Central Coast.
The Accessible Nature guide provides factual information such as parking, amenities and other features that help people living with a disability or restricted mobility to plan a day out in nature. Information on Council’s beach wheelchair and matting is also included.
• Bateau Bay picnic area
• Carawah Boardwalk, West Gosford
• Marie Byles Lookout, Killcare
• Saltwater Creek Boardwalk, Long Jetty
• Somersby Falls picnic area, Somersby
• St Johns Lookout, Katandra Reserve, Mount Elliot
• Warriwarri Walk, Kincumba Mountain, Kincumber
• Yaruga Picnic Area, Rumbalara Reserve, Springfield
The easy to read brochure includes images, pictograms and maps and is available to view online and as a printed brochure, which can be picked up from Council's customer service centres (Wyong and Gosford) or libraries.
The delivery of this guide is an action from Central Coast Council's Disability Inclusion Action Plan to make the Central Coast more accessible, inclusive and liveable.
Central Coast Council is committed to improving accessibility to its services, facilities and spaces for people with a disability so that all residents and visitors can enjoy the local environment and activities. For more information, go to Council’s Accessibility and Inclusion webpage.