Central Coast Council recognises the achievements of individuals and groups who have made an outstanding contribution to their local community through the Australia Day Awards.
Set out below, is the selection criteria for each category. Please be sure to respond to each of the relevant criteria in your submission, which will go before the Selection Panel.
The most outstanding nominees will be chosen for all categories with one winner selected in each category.
- Nominations Open 9am, Monday 12 September 2022 at 9am.
- Nominations must be received by Sunday 23 October 2022 at 5pm.
- Late nominations will not be accepted.
- The decision of the Central Coast Council Australia Day Awards Selection Panel is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Selection Panel reserves the right to move nominations to a category they deem to be more appropriate.
- Must be an Australian Citizen and must live in the Central Coast Local Government area.
- Will have made a significant community contribution over a long term.
- Should be a role model that people can aspire to.
- Should be someone Council can advertise and promote as such.
- The nominee and the nominator must be separate individuals (i.e., you cannot nominate yourself).
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Ages are correct as of Friday 13th January 2023.
- One nomination per organisation, or event.
Please see below criteria for each nomination category:
- Recognises the important and inspirational work of a community organisation, in community services, wellbeing and community safety.
- Recognises an individual person that has made a valuable contribution to the community through the fields of sports, arts, culture or environment.
- An individual volunteer who has made a significant long-term commitment to volunteer work within the community. Someone who has demonstrated outstanding service, commitment, and dedication to our local community through their volunteer work in a non-paid capacity.
- Recognising the outstanding contributions of an individual person of 25 years of age or under who has made a significant contribution to the community. Someone who has achieved high levels in their field and acts as an inspiration and role model to their peers.
- Recognising the outstanding contributions of an individual person of 60 years of age or over who has made a significant contribution to the community.
Citizen of the Year – Overall winner
- The Central Coast Citizen of the Year winner will be selected by the Selection Panel, based on merit, from the winners of each Award Category.
Nominations are now open and close 5pm, Sunday 23 October 2022.
For queries about the guidelines, deadlines, or questions in the form, please contact us on 1300 463 954, during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.