The Annual Report for 2018-19 covers from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. It includes information on the region, the organisation and Councillors, as well as specific information required under legislation. A total of 157 action and targets are included in the reporting period, with 121 completed, 27 still active, 4 delayed and 5 inactive.
The Report includes achievements over the reporting period, based on the Community Strategic Plan (CSP) Themes of Belonging, Smart, Green, Responsible and Liveable, with highlights including:
- Continued implementation of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan;
- Engagement with youth across the Coast to develop the draft Youth Strategy;
- Gallery exhibitions resulting in 177,076 people attending;
- 301 performances at Laycock Street Community Theatre; and
- 25 major events held with over 299,000 people attending.
- Development of strategies focused on activating the Coast through tourism and economic activities, including the draft Tourism Opportunity Plan, draft Major Events Strategy and draft Ourimbah Town Centre Masterplan; and
- Delivery of five social enterprise projects including the Ignite Business LaunchPad and Social Enterprise LaunchPad, with over 5,500 participants.
- Delivery of 16 environmental education programs on the lakes and coastal areas resulting in 72% increase in knowledge;
- Collection of 15,213m3 of wrack and macro algae from Tuggerah Lakes Estuary; and
- Development and exhibition of the Climate Change Policy, with the development of the Climate Change Action Plan planned for 2019-20 following adoption of the Policy.
- Development and adoption of the Code of Meeting Practice providing a standard for Council meetings and Council Committee meetings;
- 30 information sessions held with 1,783 people attending;
- Development of a Customer Experience Strategy;
- Completed 93kms of road resurfacing; and
- Development of a Car Park Strategy for the Central Coast.\
- Constructed 7.4km of shared pathway;
- Accessibility improvements at Umina and Terrigal Beaches;
- Over 1 million people attended one of Council’s five aquatic and leisure centre; and
- Over 1.5 million library loans (electronic and physical) and over 900,000 library visits.
|Introduction||Annual Report 2018-19 - Part 1 - Introduction|
|About Council||Annual Report 2018-19 - Part 2 - About Council|
|About the organisation||Annual Report 2018-19 - Part 3 - About the organisation|
|Achievements||Annual Report 2018-19 - Part 4 - Achievements|
|Statutory reporting||Annual Report 2018-19 - Part 5 - Statutory reporting|
|Financial Statements||2018-19 Financial Statements|