The Annual Report for 2016-17 provides a comprehensive account of Central Coast Council’s performance since its formation on 12 May 2016 to 30 June 2017. The Annual Report is a key method for Council to maintain accountability and transparency with the community. It details Council’s performance against the Operational Plan 2016-17, and includes information on the region and community, the organisation and workforce, and specific information required under legislation.
The Audited financial statements are required to be included as part of the Annual Report, however, for the 2016-17 reporting period Central Coast Council was been granted an initial extension to 31 December 2017 and then to the 31 March 2018. The Audited Financial Statements have now been reviewed by the Audit Office of NSW and were adopted by Council on 26 March 2018. These are included in the below link.
Since its formation Central Coast Council has been focussed on delivering essential services and infrastructure that strengthen and support the Central Coast community. Highlights over the period include:
- The opening of Bato Yard, a regional skate park in Bateau Bay, and The Art House, a premier arts venue in Wyong
- Delivery of a range of successful community events including the Love Lanes Festival, the inaugural Harvest Festival, Garage Sale Trail, and The Lakes Festival
- Road and drainage upgrades with major works at Berkeley Vale, Brooker Bay, Gwandalan, San Remo, The Entrance, Tumbi Umbi and Wamberal
- Upgrade and rehabilitation of Long Jetty and Killarney Vale foreshores, with works designed to improve the water quality of Tuggerah Lakes and the protection of wildlife within the area
- The development and delivery of a new Community Engagement Framework that features a diverse range of avenues for the community to have their say and with a focus place-based engagement
- The launch of an interactive online map to help inform and keep residents up to date on road projects happening in their area
|Audited financial statements||Audited financial statements|
What it Means to You