The COVID-19 pandemic has meant the cancellation of many outdoor events, workshops and festivals hosted by Council.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the large-scale New Year's events usually presented by Central Coast Council will not be proceeeding. Community members and visitors to the Central Coast will still be able to enjoy any New Year's Eve events hosted by local venues and organisations.
However, we're keeping the events' magic alive via online versions of our most popular events.
Join our online events
We've launched an online platform to bring some of our events directly to living rooms.
With an ever-expanding range of content, our Coast Connect Youtube channels provides everything from gardening and green living to performing artists, children's storytime and online snippets from our major events and festivals.
- Festivals - our popular Harvest Festival and Live Well events. We'll be adding ChromeFest and others over time.
- YIPA - some of the Coast's most talented young performers showcase their performance skills.
- Green living - explore everything from Bockashi Bins and making DIY Beeswax wraps to gardening tips, weed control and keeping backyard chickens.
- Storytime - children everywhere can join our librarians for our popular Storytime sessions.
- Dog safety - helping children to stay safe while enjoying man's four-legged friend.
We're constantly adding more videos at Coast Connect YouTube, so keep checking in!
Council meetings are generally held fortnightly on Monday evenings. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, these meeting are being held online, rather than in the Council chambers. The meetings are livestreamed so the community can access the discussion. Click here for meeting dates.
Other event cancellations
Our staff will continue to assess all events and programs to ensure any events scheduled in coming months meet NSW Health directions about public gatherings and social distancing.
Closer to the time, we will decide whether we're able to hold our popular New Year's Eve celebration.