The COVID-19 pandemic has meant the cancellation of many outdoor events, workshops and festivals hosted by Council. In line with NSW Health requirements, no large Council-hosted events will be held before October 2020.
However, we're keeping the events' magic alive via online versions of our most popular events.
Join our online events
We've launched an online platform to bring some of our events directly to living rooms.
With an ever-expanding range of content, our Coast Connect Youtube channels provides everything from gardening and green living to performing artists, children's storytime and online snippets from our major events and festivals.
- Harvest Festival TV - go behind the farm gate for harvest, cooking, adventure and the farming stories of our Mountain communities.
- Live Well Health & Fitness - 17 presenters explore health and wellbeing as part of the 2020 Live Well Festival.
- YIPA - some of the Coast's most talented young performers showcase their performance skills.
- Green living - explore everything from Bockashi Bins and making DIY Beeswax wraps to gardening tips, weed control and keeping backyard chickens.
- Storytime - children everywhere can join our librarians for our popular Storytime sessions.
- Dog safety - helping children to stay safe while enjoying man's four-legged friend.
In coming months, we'll continue to add more content to Coast Connect YouTube, including bringing the popular Chromefest event online.
Council meetings are generally held fortnightly on Monday evenings. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, these meeting are being held online, rather than in the Council chambers. The meetings are livestreamed so the community can access the discussion. Click here for meeting dates.
Other event cancellations
Unfortunately, not all of our activities can be held online, an the following regular activities will not be held:
- Pelican Feeding at The Entrance closed due to the social distancing needs and public gathering restrictions. The wildlife rescue organisation WIRES continues to check on the pelican population and assist any injured birds as needed.
- Waterfront performers at The Entrance
- Central Coast Country Music Festival
- Winter in the Park
- Winter Blues and Jazz Festival
- July School holidays in our town centres.
Our staff will continue to assess all events and programs to ensure any events scheduled in coming months meet NSW Health directions about public gatherings and social distancing.