We are improving our website to give you a better experience. Take a look around – things may have moved since your last visit.
We understand the stress and significant impact that the COVID-19 situation is placing on all community members, and the financial pressure resulting from measures to reduce the spread of the virus.
Council is dedicating resources to provide support for the community – now and into recovery.
Supporting the community
Central Coast Council provides eligible pensioners with rebates on their rates notice and water account. Find out if you’re eligible to apply for a pensioner rebate at www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/residents/property/pay-rates-and-water-bills/rebates-and-hardship-assistance.
If you are having trouble paying your rates or water account on time, we can provide hardship assistance and a personalised payment plan to help you get back on track.
For more information visit www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/residents/property/pay-rates-and-water-bills/rebates-and-hardship-assistance#hardship or call Council on 02 4306 7900.
Save money at home
In response to the evolving situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), Council recognises that the current situation impacts our local community and understands people must take the necessary precautions for the safety of themselves and those around them.
Recently, an increased number of our community members are spending more time at home and Council would like to help you save on your energy costs. This checklist helps you identify areas in your home where you can save energy and money.
What can I do now that is free?
- Compare your energy plan with others on the market
- If you are on a time of use plan, try shifting loads into shoulder or off-peak periods
- Consolidate your fridge/s and set to 4 degrees
- Set your air conditioner unit to 18-21oC (heating) and 23-25oC (cooling)
- Wash dishes and clothes with full loads and eco-setting
What can I do that is low cost?
- Upgrade all lights to LEDs
- Set your hot water system to controlled load 1 or 2
- Repair broken seals on windows, doors and fridge
- Install aerators on taps and water saving showerheads
What long term investments can I make?
- Install a solar system
- Install wall and ceiling insulation when renovating or building
- Install curtain and blind coverings to windows
- Install energy efficient windows, doors and frames
- Upgrade fridge/s greater than 10 years old
- Upgrade TV to LED based model
- Install an induction cooktop
- Electrify gas appliances (heating and cooking)
- Install a reverse cycle inverter style air conditioner
Want more savings?
Visit the following for more information on how you can save energy in your home: