A diverse range of career options are available at Central Coast Council. Find out more about our people, corporate values and the great range of employee benefits we offer our staff.
The Central Coast is one of the fastest growing areas in the state and the Central Coast Council is one of the largest councils in New South Wales. Our strong team makes the Central Coast a better place to live by providing various services and initiatives designed to achieve Council’s vision of “a vibrant and sustainable Central Coast”, where every day there is something new to discover.
There is a diverse range of career options available at Central Coast Council. Talented people have the opportunity to extend themselves and shape the future of our community. Our scope of roles allows employees the chance to branch out and broaden their skills base. For you, this means a network of professional and skilled colleagues and potential learning experiences.
Our people make our organisation great! We’re passionate about the Central Coast and the contributions and achievements we make to improve our community. Central Coast Council provides a workplace environment that embraces and promotes equity, diversity and respect, which recognises the rich and valuable contribution of its employees.
Our employees come from a diverse range of backgrounds with a wealth of experiences, knowledge and expertise to share. We’re also environmentally conscious and committed to sustainability and working towards higher levels of employee satisfaction.
Our values make us unique. Council staff have selected the corporate values that mean the most to them.
Our values help us hold ourselves and others accountable for the way we work and are vital to our continued work to fulfil our vision of a vibrant and sustainable Central Coast.
- A high focus on work/life balance.
- Leadership Development Program.
- Extensive range of in-house training and development programs.
- Study Assistance Scheme providing financial assistance and study leave for those undertaking study (aligned to business needs).
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) for full time employees.
- A generous range of leave provisions including Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Carer’s Leave, Health and Wellbeing Leave, Parental Leave and Long Service Leave (available after 5 years’ service).
- Reward and recognition programs.
- Workfit initiative with access to more than 50 gyms, leisure centres and pools.
- Wellbeing program, including flu vaccinations, "Quit smoking" support, Breastscreen and more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers confidential counseling services for employees and family.
- Active social clubs with events throughout the year for employees and their families.