Expressions of Interests are now open for interested community members to sit on the Pedestrian Access and Mobility Advisory Committee (PAMAC); Protection of the Environment Trust Management Committee (POET) and the Gosford Foundation Trust.
The PAMAC will be responsible for providing advice and feedback to Council on pedestrian access and mobility across the Coast. The POET and Gosford Foundation Trust oversees how these Trust assets are managed.
Mayor Jane Smith said there would be strong community interest to sit on these committees due to the history of management of trusts by Council and the need to find real solutions to improve transport and mobility on the Coast.
“This is a real opportunity for those with a real passion, interest and expertise in environmental protection, trust management and accessibility and transport to make a real difference in their community,” Mayor Smith said.
“We are a large Council area, representing over 330,000 residents and we want to provide as many avenues as possible for community voice and representation and these key Committees are one part of that commitment.
The role of the three Committees is as follows:
Pedestrian Access and Mobility Advisory Committee (six vacancies)
- consider, review, contribute to and participate in discussions regarding projects and directions of Central Coast Council to achieve objectives in the Community Strategic Plan relating to Active Transport.
Protection of the Environment Trust Management Committee (one vacancy)
- to promote the protection and enhancement of the natural environment or of a significant aspect of the natural environment and in particular the conservation of flora and fauna indigenous to the Local Government area of former Gosford City; and
- for the provision of information or education or the carrying on of research about the natural environment or a significant aspect of the natural environment in particular relating to flora and fauna of that area for the benefit of persons within the Local Government Area of the City of Gosford
Gosford Foundation Trust (one vacancy)
- Oversee the management of the Trust and recommend to the Trustee (the Council) on how the Trustee should deal with Foundation assets.
- Seek donations of land and money for the establishment of cultural facilities.
Both the POET and Gosford Foundation Trust apply to the former Gosford Council area only.
Further information and application forms for these Advisory Committees are available at yourvoiceourcoast.com.
Expressions of Interest are open until 5pm Thursday 31 May 2018.